Aush with meat
1 package of egg noodles
8 cups of water
Ground meat sauce
1 tablespoons of crushed mint
Ground Meat Sauce
1 large onion (chopped)
1 lb. of ground beef or turkey
2-3 tablespoons of oil
2-3 tablespoons of tomato paste
1-2 tablespoon coriander
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ cup of kidney beans
½ cup of chick-peas
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
½ teaspoon ginger (fresh grated or ground)
1-2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1-2 cups of water
1.In a sauce pan, heat the oil and sauté the onions until they are transparent.
2. Add the ground meat and stir until browned.
3. Add the water along with the tomato paste, garlic, coriander, turmeric, salt, pepper, and
ginger. Mix well.
4. Cover the pot and cook on low to medium h eat for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add the chickpeas and beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
3 cups of yogurt or Quroot
1 clove of garlic (minced)
In a bowel mix 1 clove of garlic to the yogurt or quroot and set aside.
1. In a separate deep pot, bring the water to a boil.
2.Add the noodles with a pinch of salt and boil for 8 -10 minutes.
3. Drain the noodles.
4. Put the noodles in big bowl and mix with 3-4 cups of the meat sauce.
5. Add the yogurt mix to the noodles and mix.
6. Sprinkle with mint and serve in bowls.
Afghan Cuisine: A Collection of Recipes
Nafisa Sekandari© 2012 Avagana Publishing